New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships 2016/2017
(UE) Fund of NZIDRS (New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships)
(UE) Fund of NZIDRS (New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships) provides many scholarships that show their values in tuition fee and living cost for international students who expect to study postgraduate programs of Philosophy Doctor at universities in New Zealand. These scholarships get sponsors from New Zealand Government and managed by Ministry of Education in New Zealand.
1. Host Institution(s):
New Zealand Universities: AUT University, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, University of Otago, University of Waikato, Victoria University of Wellington
2. Level/Field(s) of study:
PhD Degree Programme in any discipline offered by participating Universities in New Zealand
3. Target group: International students who are not citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand or Australia.
4. Scholarship value/inclusions/duration:
The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years: university tuition fees and associated student levies, an annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 (tax-free), and medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually.
- You must meet ALL five eligibility criteria. These criteria are non-negotiable.
- You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
- You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
- If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 1 July 2015
- You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
6. Application instructions:
In order to apply for the NZIDRS, you must have already received a non-conditional offer of place for PhD study at a New Zealand university. You must download and complete the NZIDRS 2016 application form and submit it together with the required documents to Education New Zealand before 15 July 2016.
IMPORTANT NOTE: APPLY for the NZIDRS ONLY if you meet ALL eligibility criteria, if you can provide ALL required documents by the deadline, or if your proposed research clearly aligns with the selection criteria.
It is important to read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions and visit the official website (link found below) to download the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
7. Deadline: 15 July 2016
8. Course starts 2016/2017
9. More information:
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.enz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs