The Global Study Awards in 2016
We want to ultimately encourage young people to study abroad as part of their tertiary studies in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages.
(UE) What Are the Global Study Awards?
We want to ultimately encourage young people to study abroad as part of their tertiary studies in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages. That is why ISIC Association, StudyPortals and British Council IELTS are launching The Global Study Awards. The Global Study Awards recognises studying abroad as a positively life changing experience for many students, opening their minds to alternative ways of personal life and professional career, as well as promoting intercultural understanding and tolerance.
Get up to £10,000 to Expand Your Horizon
An individual global study award has a maximum value of £10,000
The Award prize will be applied toward the cost of tuition fees in the first instance, paid directly to the Higher Education Institution that the successful candidate will attend.
If tuition fees are below the maximum individual award fund of £10,000, the remaining funds may be allocated per diem for living costs for a maximum of 52 weeks starting from when the student first registered at the higher education institution.
Two study award announcements will be made, with a maximum of five Study Awards granted to students at each announcement point (maximum nine awards in total).
- Up to four awards will be granted in the first round: open from 15 August 2015 to 30 November 2015 for students starting their studies abroad between 1 January 2016 and 30 April 2016.
- Up to five awards with be granted in the second round: open from 15 January 2016 to 30 June 2016 for students starting their studies abroad between 1 August 2016 and 31 October 2016.
A selection panel comprised of representatives from the partners will review and assess the entries. Strong candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an in person interview prior to the final winning selection. The winners will be announced within 3 months after the application deadline. The time span of the Awards allows for consideration.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for The Global Study Awards applicants must:
- Be 18 years or over
- Have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre, and receive an official Test Report Form (TRF) issued by the British Council
- Plan to enrol on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme abroad between
+ Round 1: 1 January 2016 and 30 April 2016
+ Round 2: 1 August 2016 and 31 October 2016
- Provide an acceptance letter from the relevant institution
- Write a short review of your study experience at http://www.stexx.eu/
Apply online at: