Study abroad in Canada under the CES program: Employment Opportunities in Alberta
There is no need to qualify for a Canadian visa, so you can easily fulfill your dream of studying through CES. Conquering all three conditions: IELTS 5.0, received in a quarter of the CES list, and registered with Canada Bank Scotiabank, can receive a visa after one week.
As of March 1, 2016, the Canadian Government, along with the Association of Colleges and Institutes of Canada, has adopted the Canada Express Study (CES). This is a program that minimizes financial proof and promotes the visa issuance process for Vietnamese students wishing to study in Canada. The 45 schools on the CES are members of the Canadian Association of Colleges and Schools. CES has an 18-month pilot duration, but as a result of the program's effectiveness, the Consulate General of Canada has extended the program for a further year.
1. Why study in Canada under the CES Program
- Simple and faster visa application procedures, no need for financial proof.
- IELTS score requirement is 5.0.
- CES schools have reasonable tuition fees with a varied program offering a wide variety of options for students. Tuition is no more than CAD 13,000 per year.
- Salary internships: Schools have a variety of international student support policies, including a paid internship program. Improving your skills while earning more income is the desire of most students.
- Employment Opportunities after graduation: Canada's labor market is in need of an abundant labor force. According to the Canadian Bureau of Labor Statistics Survey, 90% of Canadian college graduates find a job that fits their field of study within six months of graduation.
- Opportunity to settle: Most Canadian states have a settlement policy. Upon completion of the program, you will be issued a work permit. During work, you can apply for immigration in accordance with regulations.
2. Conditions for CES registration
Students wishing to participate in the Canada Express Study Program should meet the following conditions:
- Have an IELTS score of 5.0 or higher (No skill below 4.5) in the past 2 years
- Enroll in schools that are on the CES list
- Be admitted to a full-time course at a CICAN membership school in Canada.
- Get a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank with a value of CAD $ 10,000 to cover the cost of living during the first academic year in Canada.
- Pay the first year's tuition fee
- Physical exam at least 1 week before applying for visa
- Apply for a visa 60 days before the date of enrollment.
3. Find work-study opportunities in the state of Alberta
Alberta is an attractive destination for many international students, including Vietnamese students. Because it is a vibrant, dynamic university with many leading universities and open settlement policy.
Alberta was founded in 1905 as a province in the West, one of Canada's most prosperous provinces. Alberta's area and population are the fourth largest in Canada after Quebec, Ontario, and British Columbia. The province is uninhabited but has three large lakes: Calire Lake, Lesser Slave Lake and Athabasca Lake. This natural feature is the potential for the development of aquatic resources and the development of tourism and sports.
Alberta is also known as the "petroleum capital" of the country. The oil and gas industry has helped the province become rich, drawing on the development of many other industries. This makes the labor market here very vibrant, the demand for labor is often high.
In particular, Alberta has a separate AINP nomination program for immigration policy. For those with skills and experience in line with the province's goals, a certificate of nomination acceleration in the immigration process can be obtained. Three categories are applied:
- Compulsory and Optional Trades Category for skilled craftsmen or commercial certifications in Alberta.
- Engineering Occupations Category for engineers, designers and drafters with work experience in Alberta. Applicants must work in one of the 12 designated professions.
The Post Graduate Worker Category is for individuals who have graduated from an accredited post-secondary school in Alberta, and currently work in Alberta in a qualified occupation on a work permit after graduation.
Some schools in Alberta are on the CES list:
Established in 1965, NorQuest College designs students to be equipped with the knowledge and soft skills to confidently find the job they are looking for.
The school's 2-year program includes the following areas: business administration, social work, nursing, physical therapy, communication, technology, etc. A yearly fee of CAD 10-20,000.
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
This is the leading technical and applied science and technology school, also the largest vocational training institution in Canada. 98% of recruiters wish to enroll graduates of the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. Currently, the college has about 30,000 credit students and 12,000 vocational students.
One-year tuition ranges from 13-15,000 CAD for professions such as technology, engineering, communication technology, baking certificate, etc.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, located in Calgary, has been named one of the world's most liveable cities in 2013. It features a green environment featuring nearly 500 parks and a natural reserve. However, 600 large lakes and majestic Rocky Mountains. Each year the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology attracts a large number of students because of its excellent habitat.
The school offers a wide variety of options for students such as business administration, architecture, aircraft science, construction, marketing, chemistry, hospitality, electronics, telecommunications, energy and the environment. The tuition fee for college or university is about 6,000-7,500 CAD per year.
Lakeland College currently has two campuses in Vermilion and Lloydminster. In addition to providing a full knowledge system, the school also places great importance on students to practice on farms, helping students broaden their knowledge and practice.
The main faculties of the school are agricultural science, agribusiness, veterinary science, general business, marketing, real estate, interior design, environmental monitoring, 14,000 CAD per year.
Medicine Hat College
With two large campuses in Medicine Hat City and Brooks City, Medicine Hat College welcomes students from all over the world to study and experience. The school's performance criteria are to bring comfort, most useful to students.
The basic disciplines of the school are business, communication, information technology, child care, education, arts, health care, etc. Annual tuition is around 9-11,000 CAD.
- Nguyen Lam -
HOTLINE: +84 1800 6972 (FREE CALL)
Address: 21 Mai Thi Luu, Dakao Ward, District 1, HCMC
Address: 28C Mai Thi Luu, Dakao Ward, District 1, HCMC
Da Nang Branch
Address: 272 Nguyen Van Linh, Thac Gian Ward, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang City