Sheffield Hallam University, UK & Transform Together Scholarships 2016 – 2017
Transform Together Scholarships are exclusively for international and European Union (non-UK) students starting a full-time taught course in 2016/17
Transform Together Scholarships are exclusively for international and European Union (non-UK) students starting a full-time taught course in 2016/17. A half fee waiver (50% discount) is available for postgraduate courses and for each year of an undergraduate degree.
We welcome scholarship applications from all offer holders and particularly encourage scholarship applications from those holding offers for
- MSc Advanced Computer Networks
- MSc Banking and Finance
- MSc Biomedical Laboratory Science
- MSc Biomedical Science
- MSc International Marketing
- MA Media Management
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Sport Business Management
- MSc Sports Engineering
Scholarships are awarded to the highest achieving students who can demonstrate not only excellent academic achievement but also ambition, determination and dedication. They are not based purely on economic need. On your application form, you need to tell us about:
- Your academic achievement
- Significant things you have done to date which make you stand out from the crowd. This could include professional qualifications, benefits you have brought to your community and non-academic achievements.
- Your skills, talents and special interests that demonstrate your ability and ambition
- Your personal outlook, vision and passion that will help you to successfully deliver your future plans.
- How you would represent the University as an ambassador
How do I apply?
To apply for a Transform Together Scholarship, please follow these steps
- Check you meet you the scholarship eligibility criteria listed below
- Apply for a course at Sheffield Hallam. If you have not applied for a course, please visit our online prospectus
- When you have received an offer from Sheffield Hallam, download the scholarship application form
- Complete and return the scholarship application form with transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org by
- 31 May 2016 for September 2016 start
- 1 November 2016 for January 2017 start
- A panel will review the scholarship applications
- You will be notified if you have been successful approximately one month after the deadline. All decisions are at the University's discretion and are final.
What happens if I am successful?
Your CAS statement will be updated to reflect your scholarship award. After enrolment, you will be invited to a scholarship ceremony to celebrate your achievement. You will also be expected to represent Sheffield Hallam University through various activities during the academic year and after graduation.
What happens if I am not successful?
You could be eligible for an automatic discount of at least £1,000.
Please remember you can apply for more than one scholarship. Please visit our scholarships web page for the full list of scholarships available:
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must:
- Be an international or a European Union (non-UK) fee paying student
- Postgraduate only - have achieved a minimum 2.1 or equivalent in your honours degree and must meet the English and academic entry requirements for your course. Please attach your transcripts to your scholarship application
- Undergraduate only - have achieved or exceeded the English and academic entry requirements for the course
- Have an offer for a full-time taught undergraduate or postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University. If you have not applied for a course, please visit our online prospectus
- Be self-funding your studies
- Be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips
You are not eligible to apply if you:
Are studying a Sheffield Hallam course at a partner institution, or have an offer for our Graduate Diploma Business and English (pre-masters course) or International Foundation Programme in art, design and media or business, law and social sciences. You can apply for a scholarship for the course that you will progress onto following successful completion of the preparation programme.
Sheffield Hallam University