Requirements and benefits of VISA L-1 in USA
Visa L-1 is a non-immigrant visa for foreign businessmen who wish to invest in the United States. Visa applicants for this case are managers or executives in Vietnam who wish to go to the United States to administer and operate a business in the United States.
Visa L-1 allows US employers to transfer a director / manager or staff member who has expertise related to the company's interests from foreign branch offices to one of the offices. Of the company in the United States.
In addition, L-1 visas allow a foreign company that does not have a branch office in the United States to send a director / manager or staff member with expertise related to public interest. You come to America with the purpose of setting up branch offices, new companies. The company representative must file Form I-129, a nonimmigrant work application for US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
To qualify for an L1 visa, an entrepreneur must:
• There is a link between the US company and the foreign company (parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliated, collectively referred to as the qualified entity);
• The company in Vietnam must have been operating for at least one year and is still developing normally.
• Are now or will be doing business as a business in the United States and directly or indirectly owning at least one qualified organization in another country during the period of permanent resident L-1 visas. In the United States.
• The size of the business is not regulated. However, the reality is that USCIS imposes stricter standards for small and medium business organizations. USCIS may question the financial issue of the company and its ability to pay the beneficiary. For companies with offices that are too small or merely present in the United States, the likelihood of a decline from USCIS will be higher. "
For employees (directors, managers, professional staff)
• Employees must work for a qualified organization outside the United States as a director / manager or professional staff for one consecutive year counting from the three preceding years before applying for an L-1 visa to the United States. And transferred to the United States working at the managerial / executive level;
• Expect to enter the United States to operate / manage or provide expertise to a branch of the same business or organization affiliated with it.
Company in Vietnam: Employees must hold managerial or executive positions in a company that has been active for at least one year.
Company in the United States: There must be a business through the opening of a representative office, or acquisition of a business or company operating in the United States. At the same time, it must prove the relationship between the company and the US company.
BENEFITS OF VISA L-1
- Open a representative office, branch or buy a company in any state in the United States.
- No need for financial proof.
- No amount of money invested in US companies.
- Manually manage his business in America.
- The processing time is fast, visa is within 3 to 6 months from the promotion of the record.
- Applicants are granted US visas up to 7 years for executive positions or 5 years for specialized staff.
- The spouse and all children under the age of 21 of the L-1 visa holder are accompanied by the L-2 visa.
- Spouses of L-1 visa holders are legally employed under the protection of US law.
- Children receive free education in the public school system and enjoy social benefits such as indigenous peoples, saving on study costs.
- Applicants and their families can apply for a green card after one year living and working in the US when running a business.
The initial maximum stay for a non-immigrant L-1 Visa is 3 years. However, you can apply for an extension of your stay in the United States. The total duration of temporary residence for the chief executive officer / manager is 7 years. The entire stay for staff with specialized knowledge is 5 years. If the office in the United States is a "new office," USCIS will issue a first year visa.
Address: 21 Mai Thi Luu, Dakao Ward, District 1, HCMC
Tel: +84 - 8 3911 0102
Hotline: +84 - 906 921 539
District 1 Branch - HCMC
Address: 28C Mai Thi Luu, Dakao Ward, District 1, HCMC
Tel: +84 - 8 3911 0234
Hotline: +84 - 932 739 299
Da Nang Branch
Address: 272 Nguyen Van Linh, Thac Gian Ward, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang City
Tel: +84 - 236 3655 121
Hotline: +84 - 902 671 959