Reach Oxford Scholarship in 2016
Students should note they must apply for admission to the University before they can be considered for a Reach Oxford Scholarship.
(UE) Students should note they must apply for admission to the University before they can be considered for a Reach Oxford Scholarship. The University is unable to consider any scholarship applications from students who have not been offered a place at Oxford. The University is not responsible for the content of external sites advertising the scheme and would encourage applicants to read the following details to check their eligibility.
A number of Reach Oxford scholarships (formerly Oxford Student Scholarships) are offered to students from low-income countries who, for political or financial reasons, or because suitable educational facilities do not exist, cannot study for a degree in their own countries.
Am I eligible?
Nationality: Applicants must be nationals of countries who receive official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
Fee status: Overseas
Level of study: Undergraduate
Year of study: New students
Subject: All subjects in the course listing, except medicine
College: Not all colleges are able to offer Reach Oxford Scholarships every year. If you are accepted by a college that is not participating in the scheme, this will not prevent you from applying for and being awarded a scholarship. If your application is successful, arrangements will be made to transfer you between colleges.
What does it cover?
How do I apply?
- Applications are due to open in mid-January 2016 for those with an offer to study at Oxford from October 2016. The application form and guidance will be available from this webpage.
- Applications must be submitted by 12 noon (UK time) on Wednesday 17 February 2016.
- The selection process will be undertaken in Spring 2016.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in May 2016.
- You must have made an application to the University through UCAS by 15 October 2015 and been successful in gaining a place.
- You need to complete a separate scholarship application form and arrange for two references to be submitted on your behalf (these documents together with guidance notes will be available to download from the right-hand side of this page). Please note that we cannot consider applications from candidates who have not been offered a place at Oxford.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
- Further information: