Bạn cần hỗ trợ?

Learn about part-time jobs while studying in the Netherlands

More and more international students want to come to Holland to study and live. The Netherlands is increasingly asserting its place in the world because of its large economy, top-quality education and an increasing number of international students every year.

Over 90,000 international students from more than 190 different countries enter the country each year in the tulip country, which is a very significant number.

Twelve universities ranked in the 200th best university rankings in the world are a reputation figure.

In order to maintain a leading position in these strengths, the Dutch government always encourages international talents to study, exchange and work in their corporations or startups.

Twelve of the top 200 rankings in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016 offer a variety of training programs so that every student can find the course they want. Tuition and living costs are competitive in comparison with other English-speaking countries. Scholarships are also diverse, from the Dutch Government, the Ministry of Education, many Dutch universities as well as a number of other international organizations.

The major fields of study in the Netherlands are communication, architecture, civil engineering, archeology.

Students from over 190 different countries have made a well-connected Dutch culture, as well as the economic community around the world. The Dutch are known for their openness, straightforwardness, so students are very easy to meet and exchange ideas with them.


The government allows international students to work part-time while studying in the Netherlands to cover part of tuition and living expenses. Additional work also helps you to accumulate experience, improve your soft skills, and find a good job after completing the course.

Find out how to work more when studying in the Netherlands will have some note as follows:

About work permit

Students in the Commonwealth of Europe are allowed to work in the Netherlands without having to apply for a work permit and are not limited to weekly work hours. Students outside the Commonwealth of Europe will have to comply with their own rules governing employment.

- Apply for a work permit: International students (including Vietnam) who want to work in the Netherlands must have a new work permit. Employers must obtain a work permit for you and be approved by the UWV Werkbedrijf licensee, who will work up to 10 hours a week throughout the school year and be employed full time during the summer months (June , 7 and 8).

- To apply for a work permit, you must provide a copy of your student residence permit and a copy of your student's academic status. The application will be processed within 5 weeks.

- Students who do not apply for a license without permission will be penalized very seriously if detected.

- If you do not need a work permit: You do not have to apply for a work permit if you have an internship in the course of your studies, but internship is part of the course. The school and business owner will sign the internship contract so you do not need to apply for permission.

About Insurance

In order to work in the Netherlands, students must purchase Dutch public health insurance. This insurance is called Basiszorgverzekering, which guarantees the student's benefits when he or she is having health problems, as well as controlling the employment of international students.

You can also buy insurance from other providers, but those types of insurance do not guarantee your benefits.


Income tax and social security

Upon arrival in the Netherlands you will be automatically issued a BSN (civil service number) equivalent to the social security number used to contact the local authorities.

As a student in the Netherlands, you will have to pay two taxes.

One is the income tax for any amount earned in the course of study in the Netherlands.

Second is the social security tax for the income earned each month.

This tax is paid to you in the event of a labor accident.

One thing to keep in mind is that some Dutch schools are also considered income and taxable.

Where to find jobs?

Companies introducing jobs in Dutch are called Uitzendbureaus. The two most popular companies are the Randstad Global Offices and the smaller Undutchables which help non-Dutch speakers find jobs.

Students can also find employment at job fairs held several times a year organized by universities. International offices at universities also have information on employment.

You can also find employment in the following referral websites in the Netherlands:



Hong An


HOTLINE: +84 1800 6972 (FREE CALL)

Head Office

Address: 21 Mai Thi Luu, Dakao Ward, District 1, HCMC​

District 1 Branch - HCMC

Address: 28C Mai Thi Luu, Dakao Ward, District 1, HCMC​

Tan Phu District Branch - HCMC

Address: 445 Luy Ban Bich, Hiep Tan Ward, Tan Phu District, HCMC

Da Nang Branch

Address: 272 Nguyen Van Linh, Thac Gian Ward, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang City