Bạn cần hỗ trợ?

Learn about I-20 and US visa categories

The United States has long been a favorite choice for international students because of the high quality of education and the diversity of their programs. In addition to preparing you for academic, financial, English proficiency, you will need to prepare the necessary paperwork. First of all, learn about the I-20 and the types of US student visas during the preparation of your application offline!

1. What is I-20?

I-20 is the certificate of the university you applied for to the US Government Department or Consulate of the United States, certifying that you are recognized as a student of the school, has been accepted for study until At the end of the program and will attend full-time (full time) courses per year.

Form I-20 is a mandatory requirement of a visa application. You must sign the I-20 before submitting to the Embassy or Consulate or the Immigration Department. Your signature is an agreement between you and the university that will abide by the school rules and consent to the school providing the relevant information and information about you to the Department of Immigration. Once the I-20 form is approved, the first page of the I-20 form will be sent and stored by the Resident Department, which will hold the second page called the Student ID Copy. Look carefully at the date you fill in part a) of form I-20, you must come to the United States and present your school before that date. Otherwise you must ask for a paper explaining the delay or wait until the next admission (but ask for another I-20).

When applying for entry into the United States, you must file Form I-20 with the I-94 immigration form.
While living in the US, the I-20 will be used to notify the Department of Immigration when you change schools or to extend your program, and may need it to apply again. Student or other benefits. You must bring this Form I-20 and you must apply for a new signature from the Foreign Students Advisor at your school every time you travel outside of the United States.

Hence the I-20 is a very important document and should be kept very careful.

Typical applications include the following:
- Application form.

- Academic records in recent years (at least the last two years).
- English certificates (some universities or colleges may require students to take tests or write essays to determine their English proficiency in lieu of the TOEFL).

- Some schools may require additional financial or financial information from financial sponsors for students.
These papers are sent to the admissions department of the school. If the student is accepted, the school sends an invitation letter and I-20. You will need these documents and some other documents (for example, service fee, family financial records ...) to apply for a visa.

Upon receipt of the I-20, the student will be required to prepare a visa and visa interview with the US embassy. When applying for a visa, you must pay SEVIS fee and interview fee for US embassy.
In the interview, after asking questions and hearing the answers from you, the US Embassy will immediately report the results of the visa interview.

2. Types of student visa
Student visas, including F1 - F2, M1 - M2, J1 - J2 visa.

- Visa F1 or M1 is a visa for international students studying full-time and long-term courses. In order to qualify for this type of visa, students needing an I-20 is a full-time course offer from the school, which may be an English language course to prepare for college or university, or a letter of offer. General education, college, university ...
- Visa J1 is a visa for international students exchange programs, exchanges, consultancy, training, research, teaching, or working with the Au Pair and approved or temporary work. . In order to be granted this type of visa, partners and schools in the United States need to give you the DS-2019 as an invitation / confirmation that you will study / work at their unit / organization.

- Visa F2 or M2 is a spouse / student visa for students holding an F1 or M1 visa.


Visa F1

Type F visas are for formal education. Visa F1 is available to students wishing to take formal study programs.

• Visa F1 is the most popular type of visa for students in the United States. Students applying for the F1 visa must maintain the minimum course length for the full program. At the same time, Visa F1 also allows students the opportunity to work within the school within a maximum of 20 hours. In addition, students have the opportunity to do some additional work to improve their practical skills (OPT) up to one year after the completion of the course. Students are deemed to have completed the course before the expiration date on the I-20 (exit status certificate).

• Is the type granted to students enrolled in a University or English language program. For F-1 visas, students must complete the minimum required courses in order to become a full-fledged student. Students may remain in the United States for a further 60 days beyond their studies to complete their studies.

• Applicants for F-1 visas must demonstrate that they have enough reserves to pay for all the costs of the first academic year and that there will be sufficient funding for the following years of the course.

Conditions for obtaining an F1 visa: In order to qualify for an F1 visa review, applicants must register for a full-time English course or course (minimum 18 hours per week) in one of the primary schools. The United States permits the admission of international students. Applicants must show that they have sufficient funds to cover their entire stay and intend to return home after completion of the program. In addition, you may also be required to have a physical examination and be appropriate.

Visa M1

Visa M1 is available to students wishing to attend a non-formal apprenticeship. Applicants for M1 visas for vocational training and professional programs are not allowed to work in the course of study. Applicants for a M1 visa must have sufficient financial documentation to be able to pay the full amount of the tuition and living expenses for the entire duration of study. Visa system in the US is quite complicated and complicated to identify. You should meet with the immigration center in your home country for more detailed and detailed information about international student visas.

Visa J1

Visa J1 is available to students who wish to take practice courses that are not currently available in their home country to complete their studies. Students who are granted a J1 visa are allowed to work overtime as for students who have been granted F1 visas with similar restrictions as long as the student receives the permission of the program mentor. team. Is provided to students who need practical training - practice courses are not available in their country but must be completed as part of the training program.

3. What documents will the application for study abroad cover?


1. Copy of Birth Certificate

2. Passport

3. Student's identity card and father's and mother's ID card

4. Household Registration Book

5. Secondary school / junior high school diploma

6. Secondary school / high school transcripts; Intermediate / College / University transcripts

7. 6 Photo 5 * 5 white background, dressed politely

8. Certificate of English (if any)


9. House papers (pink book, red book), car paper ...

10. Saving Book

* If business

11. Business license (if any)

12. Tax code registration certificate (if any)

13. Tax receipts 01 year (if any)

14. Lease contract, premises, car rental ...

* If is an officer recognition

15. Certificate of employment, position, salary

16. Appointment decision

17. Cardvisit (if applicable)

-Hai Nam-


HOTLINE: +84 1800 6972 (FREE CALL)

Head Office

Address: 21 Mai Thi Luu, Dakao Ward, District 1, HCMC​

District 1 Branch - HCMC

Address: 28C Mai Thi Luu, Dakao Ward, District 1, HCMC​

Da Nang Branch

Address: 272 Nguyen Van Linh, Thac Gian Ward, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang City