Independent skilled visas (Level 189 - Points) in Australia
Independent skilled visas are available to highly skilled and skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government.
This visa allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident. Permanent residents have the right to immigrate to Australia any time you want, to work in any company you can apply for, and you enjoy many social benefits such as health care, insurance, Society, ... In addition, you also enjoy many educational, tax and property incentives. After satisfying the requirements of the Citizenship and Citizenship Act, you can own an Australian passport.
For this type of visa, you need to submit an "Expression of Interest (EOI)".
• Application process
- You must submit the "Expression of Interest (EOI)" through SkillSelect with details of your profession, skills and qualifications. SkillSelect will estimate your score and rank you with other intended migrants.
- If you are ranked high enough and there are places available for your designated occupation, you will be invited to apply for a visa.
- If you are invited, you have 60 days to apply for a visa.
• Check the conditions
- Invitation: You must be invited to apply for a visa.
You will receive an invitation to apply for a visa if there are places available for your assigned occupation and you have a high ranking in your score.
- Occupation: Your occupation must be on the list of relevant occupations. Also, you must have a skill assessment showing you have the skills and qualifications to work in that profession.
- Score: You must be able to gain points on invitations. This score will be 60 or more. Points in your invitation will be based on information in your EOI & you must have enough points at the time you are invited to apply for a visa.
- Age: You must be under 45 when you are invited to apply for a visa.
- English: You must be fluent in English.
- Health: You must meet the health requirements.
- Characteristics: You must have good characteristics.
- Debts: You must repay, or arrange for repayment, any outstanding debt owed to the Australian Government.
- Visa canceled: You may not be eligible to apply for this visa if you have ever had a visa canceled or rejected during your stay in Australia.
Check how many points you can get.
- From 18 to 24 years old: 25 points
- From 25 to 32: 30 points
- From 33 to 39 years: 25 points
- From 40 to 44: 15 points
2. English proficiency
- IELTS 6.0 and no skill below 6.0: 0 points
- IELTS 7.0 and no skill below 7.0: 10 points
- IELTS 8.0 and no skill under 8.0: 20 points
3. Experience skills worked in the last 10 years outside of Australia
- Experience of less than 3 years: 0 points
- Experience from 3 years to 4 years: 5 points
- Experience from 5 years to 7 years: 10 points
- Experience from 8 years to 10 years: 15 points
4. Work experience skills in the past 10 years in Australia
- Experience of less than 1 year: 0 point
- Working experience from 1 year to 2 years: 5 points
- Experience from 3 years to 4 years: 10 points
- Experience from 5 years to 7 years: 15 points
- Experience from 8 years to 10 years: 20 points
- Ph.D. from an Australian institution or Ph.D. from another recognized institution: 20 points
- A bachelor's degree from an Australian education or a bachelor's degree from another recognized institution: 15 points
- Diploma or Certificate of Commerce completed in Australia: 10 points
- The certificate is recognized by the Occupational Examiner's Rating Office you nominate: 10 points
6. Request to study in Australia
- Minimum of 1 degree, college or business degree from an Australian education institution satisfying the requirement of study in Australia: 5 points
7. Professional qualifications
- A master's degree (research) or PhD from an Australian institution with at least 2 years of relevant study: 5 points
8. Other conditions
- Accredited Council Language: 5 points
- Study in regions or areas with low population: 5 points
- Skill degree of spouse: 5 points
- Years of professional experience "Professional year" in Australia: 5 points
HOTLINE: +84 1800 6972 (FREE CALL)
Address: 21 Mai Thi Luu, Dakao Ward, District 1, HCMC
Tel: +84 -28 3911 0102
Address: 28C Mai Thi Luu, Dakao Ward, District 1, HCMC
Address: 272 Nguyen Van Linh, Thac Gian Ward, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang City