International Student Immigration Service (ISIS)
UE - International Student Immigration Service (ISIS)
Changes to the Police Registration Process
27 July 2015
From the 27 July 2015, OVRO have introduced a new proforma for registering with the Police in London. Further details can be found on our web pages:
News Articles on Immigration Rule Changes
17 July 2015
You may have recently read that the work rights for Tier 4 students and their ability to switch into Tier 2 or extend their visa in the UK has been removed.
We can confirm that the change in working conditions and your ability to switch into Tier 2 in the UK will not affect students studying at degree level at the LSE.
The changes that have been implemented only affect students studying at below degree level in Further Education colleges. These colleges provide post-16 education mostly below degree level.
You may be affected if you are a prosepective student who has completed their A Levels or International Baccalaureate at a Further Education College. Contact ISIS for advice if you think you may be affected by this change.
Changes to the Immigration Rules
27 July 2015
The government has announced major changes to the immigration rules from the 14 July 2015.
The changes are listed below by date:
Changes from 14 July 2015
The start date of the temporary vignette will change to either:
• 30 days from the course start date as shown on the CAS; or
• 7 days from the intended date of travel on the application form (whichever is later)
This change has been introduced overnight so there is a possibility that errors may be made. Please check the start date of your vignette carefully.
Changes from 3 August 2015
• The method of calculating the five/eight year cap will be amended to include all time spent on a Student/Tier 4 visa including the extra time at the start and end of the visa. If you need to apply for a new visa and you think this may affect you contact ISIS immediately for advice.You can find more information on the web pages:
The sector is lobbying on this change and we will update this page when we have further information.
• Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme applications appear to be limited to those who have applied for their la
st visa in the UK. This is being queried as it may be an error in the wording.
Changes from 12 November 2015
The level of maintenance required each month will increase to:
• £1,265 per month for Tier 4 students
• £845 per month for Tier 4 dependant
The lower "established presence" level of funding will no longer exist and Tier 4 applicants will need to show £1,265 a month up to a maximum of nine months.
Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme applicants will still only be required to show £1,265 for two months (£2,530).