The differences between J1 visa and F1 visa



Visa F1: Visa type "F" for regular study programs. Visa F1 is available to students who wish to study full-time study programs. Visa F1 is the most popular type of visa for students in the United States. Students applying for the F1 visa must maintain the minimum course length for the full program. At the same time, Visa F1 also allows students the opportunity to work within the school within a maximum of 20 hours. In addition, students have the opportunity to do some additional work to improve their practical skills (OPT) up to one year after the completion of the course. Students are deemed to have completed the course before the expiration date on the I-20 (exit status certificate). Visa J1: Visa J1 is available to students who wish to take practice courses that are not currently available in their home country to complete their studies. Students who are granted a J1 visa are allowed to work overtime as for students who have been granted F1 visas with similar restrictions as long as the student receives the permission of the program mentor. team.

FAQ Categories


Register now