Can i stay in the United States after the course?



Depending on the type of student visa US students who are allowed to stay in the United States after completing the course will be different. F-1 students will have a stay of 60 days, while M-1 and J-1 visas will only have 30 days. Before your visa expires, you will need to apply for a work visa or enroll in a training institution. Otherwise, you will be forced to leave the US and apply for a visa again in Vietnam. Asian. Labor visa: There are different types of work visas. If you are an international student and do not want to participate in another training program, you need to apply for a temporary visa under the guarantee of a company. Then, if you want to stay in the long term, you must apply for a Green Card. In some special cases you are offered a permanent job, you can apply for a Green Card. However, with a person who has just graduated from school, "script" that is very unlikely. If you have the desire to settle in the United States, ask yourself two questions before accepting the offer: whether the position is permanent and whether there is a chance of promotion? You can view detailed information, criteria and procedures for each type of visa and sup- type on the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) web site. It is also a good idea to contact the college a few months before graduation to seek advice or assistance with finding a job. B. Temporary Work Visa (H-1B): The administrative procedures for applying for a U.S. visa are very cumbersome and complicated. There are several different types of temporary work visas, but you will most likely not qualify as a student. However, you can refer to the Bureau of Consular Affairs website for more information. If you want to settle in the United States to work and not sign up for another course, you must first look for a job at an American company and then apply for an H-1B visa. This type of visa allows you to stay in the United States for up to 3 years, and can be extended up to 6 years. This type of visa is only for people who have graduated from university or equivalent. You will not be able to claim this visa yourself, but through a hiring company. First, the employer must complete the declaration that no US citizen is equal to or better than you for that job and meets the wage requirements specified by the Department of Labor. Verification of wages can take up to 60 days. The company hiring you must submit a Labor Conditional Application to the Ministry of Labor, which confirms that it will meet the conditions of the visa. It takes up to a week. Once the claim form is confirmed, your company will send the application to the Consulate and wait for the notification when the papers are certified. Employers will apply H-1B by 6 months of your start date. Approximately 85,000 H-1B visas are issued each year, of which 20,000 graduates from US institutions. While the procedures seem to be a burden for employers, there are still many companies that accept foreign workers. The University of Pennsylvania has a list of companies willing to hire graduates from abroad, as well as career counseling and job placement assistance. You also have the opportunity to apply for a Green Card while having an H-1B visa. This is a separate procedure that you should consider as well as prepare time to apply before the H-1B expires. If you do not receive your Green Card before your visa expires, you will have to leave the US for at least one year before qualifying for a H visa and completing the procedure. C. Program (OPT) Optional Practical Training: As an F-1 visa student, you can complete up to a one-year temporary work that directly relates to the field you study. You will be given one year of OPT training based on your level of completion: for example, a bachelor's degree will receive 1 year and the Master's degree will be different. If you want to settle in the USA after graduation, you can apply for OPT after completing the course. Only F-1 student visa is eligible for OPT. You need to have a DSO (Designated School Official). A DSO is a nominee for support and management of foreign students. All schools agree that international students are bred by law must have at least one DSO. In most cases you will have to complete school procedures including filing and filing an OPT I-20. Then the university will send your request to SEVIS, if you will successfully receive I-20 immigration papers. After receipt of I-20, you must download and complete the form including the relevant supporting documents in the completion of the OPT. Science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) students are allowed to extend the OPT period from 1 year to 17 months.

FAQ Categories


Register now