Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships 2017
(UE) The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are the Australian Government’s competitive, merit-based scholarships and fellowships providing opportunities for Australians to undertake study
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are the Australian Government’s competitive, merit-based scholarships and fellowships providing opportunities for Australians to undertake study, research or professional development overseas and for overseas citizens to do the same in Australia.
I. About Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships
The Australian Government Department of Education and Training administers the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships. The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships aim to build Australia’s reputation for excellence in the provision of education and research, support the internationalisation of the Australian higher education and research sectors and offer high-achieving individuals from overseas and Australia opportunities to increase their productivity and expertise in their field.
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships aim to:
- develop ongoing educational, research and professional links between individuals, organisations and countries
- increase the skills and global awareness of high achieving individuals from Australia and overseas
- contribute to Australia’s reputation as a high quality provider of education and training and a leader in research and innovation
- increase the productivity of Australians through international study, research or professional development experience.
Since 2007, a total of 4,306 Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships have been received by internationals and 1,232 have been received by Australians to undertake research, study or professional development across 127 eligible countries.
Funding for the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships programme is provided by the Australian Government. The programme typically offers three–quarters of the scholarships and fellowships funded each year to overseas citizens, with support ranging from short-term fellowships or research placements to full postgraduate degrees. Australians receive support to undertake targeted research and professional development overseas.
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships offer support to internationals to undertake study, research or professional development in Australia. To apply, you must be from a participating country and/or region.
All recipients will receive:
- travel allowance: $3,000 (provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances)
- establishment allowance: $2,000 (fellowships) or $4,000 (scholarships)
- monthly stipend: $3,000 (paid up to the maximum category duration on a pro-rata basis)
- health insurance for the full category duration (OSHC for international recipients)
- travel insurance (excluding during programme for international recipients)
Endeavour scholarship recipients will also receive tuition fees paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis. Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
II. What Endeavour offers
As a scholarship or fellowship recipient, you will gain invaluable international experience in study, research or professional development.
The department has engaged a contractor to provide post-selection support services to all recipients including: a dedicated case manager, pre-departure briefings, advice on health, travel insurance, accommodation, security, payment of allowances, and reporting to the department on recipients’ progress.
III. Applications for the 2017 Round
The 2017 round of the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships is now open. Applications will close 30 June 2016 at 11:59 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). Please see the applications page for further information.