Central Institute of Technology
Central Institute of Technology.
Founded in 1900, Central Institute of Technology is an oldest post-secondary educational institution in Western Australia. Central welcomed the first international students in the 1950s, , is one of the training of Australia's largest TAFE today. Central has over 30.000 students including 1000 international students. . Central Institute of Technology is the largest, publicly funded training provider in Western Australia. With a long and proud history that began back in 1900, Central currently offers over 400 nationally accredited courses. Each year, we train around 1200 students from more than 85 countries with many courses such as mechanics, mining, medical, business, information technology, graphic arts.
Reason for choosing Central
- It has a long established history. Some of our portfolios, such as engineering and visual art have been in existence since the day it first opened our doors in May 1900.
- It is known for having lecturers that have strong bonds and networks with its respective industries. It also allows its staff to spend time working directly back in their own industry in order to skill themselves in the very latest knowledge and techniques.
- The school’s reputation is well illustrated with the partnerships it have formed with the leading universities in WA. Central has formed agreements with the 5 leading universities in Perth to allow for entry to degree courses for its Diploma and Advanced Diploma graduates.
- The school has won the award for International Training Provider three times in recent years prestigious WA State Training Awards, in 2010, 2011 and 2013. This is great recognition for the outstanding calibre of its international training, which it has been delivering to foreign students for over 20 years.
- In 2009 it was awarded the prize for Large Training Provider of the Year and one mining lecturers was named Trainer of the Year in 2010.
- Students can work up to 40 hours a fortnight while they are studying, and with JobsCentral, their job placement service for students, and Perth’s booming economy, they won’t find it difficult to find employment.
- Students receive English language support throughout their studies.
- School’s campuses are located in the heart of the city, right in the heart of the mulitcultural precinct, with the facilities student would expect of a innovative and progressive institution.
- You learn by practicing your skills in real and simulated work environments, not just by studying books.
Central currently has 110 courses for international students.
Course areas include:
- Business, Management and Finance
- Creative Industries
- (Visual arts, fashion & textiles, printing, jewellery, interior design, graphic design, music, photography, film & television, interactive multimedia)
- Information Technology and Information Services
- Engineering and Building
- Health, Community & Children’s Services
- Surveying, Science and Environment
- Sport and Education
- Travel, Tourism and Events
- ELICOS & English programs
CENTRAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY