A guide to preparing your CV for the CES program
With a visa pass rate of over 95%, the CES Canada Program has made Canada's dream of studying in Canada become reality.
As of March 1, 2016, the Canadian Government, along with the Association of Colleges and Institutes of Canada, has adopted the Canada Express Study (CES). This is a program that minimizes financial proof and promotes the visa issuance process for Vietnamese students wishing to study in Canada. The 45 schools on the CES are members of the Canadian Association of Colleges and Schools. CES has a 18-month pilot duration, but as a result of the program's success, the Consulate General of Canada has extended the program for a further year.
Advantages of the CES program are: faster financial identification, priority for visas for member institutions, faster visa processing time.
1. Why study in Canada under the CES Program
- Simple and faster visa application procedures, no need for financial proof.
- IELTS score requirement is 5.0.
- CES schools have reasonable tuition fees with a varied program offering a wide variety of options for students. Tuition is no more than CAD 13,000 per year.
- Salary internships: Schools have a variety of international student support policies, including a paid internship program. Improving your skills while earning more income is the desire of most students.
- Employment Opportunities after graduation: Canada's labor market is in need of an abundant labor force. According to the Canadian Bureau of Labor Statistics Survey, 90% of Canadian college graduates find a job that fits their field of study within six months of graduation.
- Opportunity to settle: Most Canadian states have a settlement policy. Upon completion of the program, you will be issued a work permit. During work, you can apply for immigration in accordance with regulations.
2. Conditions for CES registration
Students wishing to participate in the Canada Express Study Program should meet the following conditions:
- Have an IELTS score of 5.0 or higher (No skill below 4.5) in the past 2 years.
- Enroll in schools that are on the CES list.
- Be admitted to a full-time course at a CICAN membership school in Canada.
- Get a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank with a value of CAD $ 10,000 to cover the cost of living during the first academic year in Canada.
- Pay the first year's tuition fee.
- Physical exam at least 1 week before applying for visa.
- Apply for a visa 60 days before the date of enrollment.
3. Steps to Apply for a CES 2017 Canadian Student Visa
Step 1: Study in Canada.
Step 2: Pay money to Scotiabank and get a certificate of investment.
Step 3: Physical Exam.
Step 4: Application for Canadian Student Visa.
Step 5: Apply for a Canadian Student Visa at the embassy.
Step 6: Receive visa application at the Embassy.
The result will be:
- After 3-5 days: Have a visa (with a GPA of 8.0 or above, IELTS 6.0 or above).
- After 2-3 weeks: with visa (with GPA 6.5 or above, IELTS 5.0).
4. Instructions for preparing detailed records
Step 1: Study in Canada
- Choose 1/45 CES, apply.
- The school will accept you with a confirmation letter and a receipt.
Step 2: Pay money to Scotiabank and receive a Certificate of Investment
- Make a payment of CAD 10,000 to Scotiabank and receive a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) in lieu of any financial proof.
- Must have an official offer letter to pay to Scotiabank.
- You must complete the payment process at Scotiabank before submitting your visa application.
Step 3: Physical Exam
Examination time: minimum 1 week before visa application. The result after the medical examination is valid for 6 months.
Prepare the papers after the medical examination:
- 3 passport photos 4 × 6 (white background).
- Original passport.
- Medical examination fee: 3.300.000 VND.
The results of the medical examination will be sent directly to the Embassy after one week. The medical examiner will only send the student a copy of the health check card used to apply for a Canadian Visa CES.
Step 4: Apply for a Canadian Student Visa at the embassy
- Apply online:
To apply online, go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp and follow the instructions.
- Apply directly at the Canadian Visa Application Processing Center:
+ Address of the offices you see at http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Vietnam/vietnamese/contact_us.html
+ At the Canadian Visa Application Center, you will be guided procedures from the reception staff such as biometric (fingerprint) supply, photo taking at the place of applying for Visa.
+ Pay the visa fee at the place where Visa.
Step 5: Receive visa application at the Embassy
Visa results will be emailed to you. Then you go to the Visa Canada Visa Application Center to get the results.
The Canadian government has made it easier for students to study in Canada than ever before. All you need to do is complete the application procedures as prescribed. Come to the UE, you will receive full support until you secure your student visa.
HOTLINE: +84 1800 6972 (FREE CALL)
Address: 21 Mai Thi Luu, Dakao Ward, District 1, HCMC
Address: 28C Mai Thi Luu, Dakao Ward, District 1, HCMC
Da Nang Branch
Address: 272 Nguyen Van Linh, Thac Gian Ward, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang City